Which legal regulations apply when entering Bonn?
- Federal reporting requirements apply.
- Since January 13, 2021, the federal entry regulation is in force
See for this:
- The respective valid Corona entry regulations of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia apply.
See for this:
- The current valid Corona entry regulation can be found at the following link:
Do I have to report my entry to the city of Bonn?
You are required to complete a digital entry declaration if you have been in a risk area within 10 days prior to entry.
Persons staying in Germany for less than 24 hours as part of border traffic with neighboring countries do not have to register their entry.
Where can I find an overview of risk areas?
Do I have to get tested before I enter the country?
- As a general rule, all persons entering the country from risk areas must present proof of testing at the request of the responsible health authority.
- All persons entering the country from a virus variant area (an overview is provided by the RKI ) must be tested for the coronavirus immediately before or upon entry and then again after five days.
- Those entering from all other risk areas may present a test result. If one does not get tested, they are required to be domestically isolated for 10 days.
- Testing may be done no more than 48 hours before entry or immediately after entry.
- Entry testing can be done as a rapid test or PCR testing.
- There is a fee for the test.
- Medical practices and test centers that perform COVID-19 smears can be found here:
Exempt from the testing requirement are, among others:
- Transit passengers on a direct route without an overnight stay,
small border traffic with the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg for stays of less than 24 hours.
- Those who wish to be tested voluntarily must contact their family doctor's practice or, if necessary, one of the practices on this list.
Do I have to go into quarantine after I enter the country?
All travelers from a virus variant area must immediately go into quarantine for ten days. The ten days are counted from the day of departure from the countries concerned.
It is possible to end the quarantine early if the follow-up test is negative five days after entry and no Corona-typical symptoms are present.
For all other entrants, there is a quarantine requirement for 10 days only if one does not have an entry test done.
For the time of performing the test, one is allowed to interrupt the domestic isolation while observing the protective measures.
Until the test result is received, the quarantine regulations apply.
What should I do if I show symptoms after entering the country?
If, after entering the country, you experience symptoms that may be typical of an infection with the coronavirus (for example, dry cough, fever, rhinitis, smell or taste disorders, headache, pain in the limbs, throat or ears, or diarrhea), please notify the public health department immediately.
To do so, please call the Citizens' Helpline daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 0228 7175. Alternatively, you can contact your family doctor and ask for a corona test (smear test).