The return of media starts one week later, from Tuesday, May 19, but initially only via the external return station of the Central Library at the same times as the collection service is set up.
Once the central library is up and running, the branches will also be reopened in a further step, but the exact time has not yet been determined.
Notes on pre-ordering
The media are then picked out by the staff of the Central Library and packed in paper bags. A collection date is then arranged by telephone. The collection can then take place Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Central Library, Haus der Bildung, Mülheimer Platz 1. The media package ordered can then be picked up at the agreed time on presentation of the customer ID. Library customers are obliged to wear mouth and nose protection.
In order to avoid too great a rush of customers, it will not be until the third stage, starting on Tuesday, 26 May, that library customers will be able to select media directly on the shelves in the Central Library without making an appointment. In this phase, the library will be open exclusively for the lending and return of media under access restrictions. It is not yet possible to register or consult on site.
The City library
- is open to all citizens independent of their political or religious orientation
- serves the general spreading of literature and information
- has a media stock of about 320 000 media items
- promotes education, training and further education
- facilitates professional routine work
- contributes to an active and creative leisure time
- promotes the movement for literature and for reading
- brings together traditional and modern media culture
- is a vivid meeting place for citizens of all age
- offers a network of 8 libraries distributed all over the city
- is looking forward to welcoming you too!
Registration information for adults
Loss of Library Card
Change of Address
Free Loan Services
Annual Card/3-Month-Card/Partner Card
Payment of Fees
Loan Periods/Extension Periods
Inter-library Loan Services
- opening hours