Masks are required at the main train station and at Bonn bus station (from Thomas-Mann-Str. to Kaiserplatz 7), at Bertha-von-Suttner-Platz, between Kölnstrasse and Sandkaule (house numbers 1 to 25 and 2 to 16), and at Konrad-Adenauer-Platz, daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. At these three traffic junctions there is a high volume of people from early in the morning until late in the evening.
In all other streets, a mask must be worn Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Here is the overview:
Bonn City District:
- Breite Straße (in the area of house numbers 14 to 90 and 17 to 85)
- Bonner Talweg (in the area of Poppelsdorfer Allee from house numbers 1 or 2 to 4 to Reuterstraße house numbers 121 or 150)
- Budapester Straße (in the area from Thomas-Mann-Str. to Sternstr., including Bottlerplatz)
- Friedensplatz (including the adjacent public ways, streets and squares, Sterntorbrücke)
- Friedrichstraße (in the area from house numbers 2 to 64 and 1 to 61)
- In der Sürst
- Kaiserplatz (including the adjacent public ways, streets and squares)
- Kasernenstraße (in the area of house numbers 1 to 5 and 2 to 32)
- Markt (including the adjacent public ways, streets and squares, Marktbrücke and Bischofsplatz)
- Martinsplatz (in the area of house numbers 6 to 9)
- Maxstraße (in the area of house number 17 to Heerstraße on both sides of the street)
- Maximillianstraße (in the area of house numbers 6 to 46, on both sides including the adjacent public ways, streets and squares)
- Meckenheimer Allee (in the area of house numbers 166 to 180 on both sides of the roadway)
- Mülheimer Platz (including Münsterstraße up to the level of Poststraße)
- Poppelsdorfer Allee (in the area from house numbers 24 to 114 as well as from Prinz-Albert-Straße 2 in the direction of Poppelsdorfer Schloss up to house number 81)
- Pützstraße (in the range of house numbers 3 to 41 and 6 to 46)
- Thomas-Mann-Straße (in the range of house numbers 1 to 57 and house numbers 2 to 64)
District of Bad Godesberg
- Alte Bahnhofstraße (in the area from 1a to 21 and 4 to 32)
- Am Fronhof (in the area from house numbers 1 to 14)
- Am Michaelshof including Michaelsplatz
- Koblenzer Straße (in the area from Aennchenplatz to house numbers 64 and 65)
- Moltkeplatz including Bürgerstraße and Oststraße
- Theaterplatz (in the area from Koblenzer Straße to Am Fronhof including the adjacent public ways, streets and squares)
- Villichgasse (in the area of house numbers 1 to 19)
District of Beuel
- Friedrich-Breuer-Straße (in the area of house numbers 23 to 125 and 16 to 124 including Dr.-Weis-Platz)
- Herrmannstraße (in the area of house numbers 6 to 70 and 9 to 37)
- Hans-Böckler-Straße (in the area of house numbers 1 to 5 and 6 to 20)
- Obere-Wilhelm-Straße (in the area of house numbers 1 to 35 and 4 to 36)
- Rathausstraße (in the area of house numbers 1 to 7 and 2 to 30)
District of Hardtberg
- Am Schickshof
- Borsigallee (in the range of house numbers 1 to 31 or 2 to 26)
- Rochusstraße (in the area of the house numbers 160 to 266 as well as the house numbers 175 and 253 including Rochusplatz)
Car, motorcycle, bicycle and scooter drivers, children up to school age and persons who for medical reasons cannot wear a mask (to be proven by a medical certificate) are exempt from the mask obligation. Wearing the masks in the above-mentioned areas is one of many measures to prevent coronavirus infections or rather slow down the spread of Covid-19.
For Wednesday, November 4, 2020, the public health department of the city of Bonn lists 478 acute Covid-19 cases. In the past seven days there have been 449 new infections. This brings the incidence value per 100,000 inhabitants to 136.06.
Since February 28, 2020, a total of 2486 people in Bonn have become infected with the coronavirus. Of these, 1989 has recovered in the meantime. 19 persons have died in connection with Covid-19. Currently 1776 people are in quarantine.
In the hospitals in Bonn there are currently 55 patients from Bonn and the surrounding area who have fallen ill with Covid-19. 36 patients are cared for on normal wards, 19 people are in intensive care, 12 of them need to be ventilated.
Since Monday afternoon, November 2, positive cases have been reported to the Health Department at the following facilities: Gesamtschule Bonns Fünfte (two persons), Tannenbusch-Gymnasium (one person), Robert-Wetzlar-Berufskolleg (three persons, all not from Bonn), Ludwig-Erhard-Berufskolleg (one person, not from Bonn), Johannes-Schule (one person, not from Bonn).
Since October 28, 2020, the city planning service has recorded a total of around 150 assignments under the heading of "health protection". Among other things, violations of the obligation to wear masks and - before the current Corona Protection Ordinance came into force - of contact person tracking in restaurants and the curfew were detected and quarantine orders were served. In addition, there were 150 cases in which compliance with the quarantine was checked. Here, the city ordinance service found only very few violations.