General Terms and Conditions for guided tours
For individual guests
Status: March 2022
- The following General Terms and Conditions apply to the business relationship between Bonn-Information and participants on tours of Bonn for individual guests on stipulated dates.
- Customers can reserve places on guided walking and bus tours of the city verbally or in writing with Bonn-Information. The basis of the service is the tour descriptions and the General Terms and Conditions stated here. The contract comes about with receipt of the declaration of acceptance of the reservation by Bonn-Information, which does not require a form. This means that in addition to written confirmations, verbal, telephone and electronic confirmations are also legally binding. Uncollected reserved tickets will be charged to the person who ordered them.
- Different conditions of the provider apply to Tour A 1.
- Bonn-Information undertakes to carry out guided tours in all weathers, insofar as the safety of participants does not appear to be endangered. The decision whether there is risk, and therefore whether a seasonal tour will take place, will be taken by the responsible tour guide on site.
- Travel to the agreed meeting point for the agreed time is the responsibility of the customer. The Bonn tours for individual guests start at the times published by Bonn-Information.
- In principle, no exact compliance of the route and sequence can be guaranteed for guided walking and bus tours of the city. Changes to the routes as well as the adjustment of points on the programme are expressly reserved for specific objective reasons (e.g. traffic jams or building sites). It may also be necessary for objective reasons to replace individual points on the programme or points of interest with others. Any risks which occur, may lead to the early discontinuation of a tour.
- Replacements or reimbursements of tickets are possible in serious individual cases (e.g. sudden illness on presentation of a medical certificate). Bonn-Information reserves the right to decide on the replacement or reimbursement of tickets.
- If a guided tour is cancelled, the costs of the tickets will be settled via bank transfer by the Cashier’s Office of the City of Bonn.
- Discounted prices apply to children and young people from the age of 12 to 18, students, holders of the Bonn pass and people with disabilities on submission of the corresponding paperwork. The participation of children under 12 years of age is free of charge. If a disabled person has the right to a companion, the participation of the companion on the tours is free of charge.
- The contractual liability of Bonn-Information for losses, which are not physical injuries, is limited to three times the total price of the service paid for by the customer, insofar as the loss was not caused intentionally or grossly negligently by Bonn-Information, or insofar as Bonn-Information is responsible for the loss incurred by a participant solely owing to the culpability of one of its auxiliary agents. Bonn-Information is not liable for disruptions to the service in connection with services, which are merely provided as external services in addition to the services in the contract for the guest.
- The latest safety, distancing and hygiene concept of Bonn-Information applies at all times.
- The ineffectiveness of individual provisions does not result in the ineffectiveness of all the contractual conditions. The statutory provisions will replace any ineffective provisions.
- The place of jurisdiction is Bonn.
General Terms and Conditions for the provision of guides by Bonn-Information
Status: November 2022
- Bonn-Information will provide tour guides for individual guests and groups with the diligence of a prudent businessman. The contracting partners are the person who placed the order, as well as the guide deployed. The contractual relationships between Bonn-Information and the person who placed the order are regulated in accordance with the points below.
- The person who placed the order recognises these conditions when the guide is commissioned to undertake the assignment.
- Alterations, supplements and cancellations, in certain cases for an additional charge, will be accepted by Bonn-Information as the agent and it will respond to the latter on behalf of and after confirmation with the tour guide.
- If the guide or a representative has not appeared at the agreed meeting point within 15 minutes of the agreed time of the tour, Bonn-Information will attempt to arrange another guide at short notice within its current office hours.
- Bonn-Information is liable for compensation, for whatever legal reasons, only as part of the statutory provisions as an agent in the event of its own intentional or grossly negligent actions or those by one of its auxiliary agents. Exceptions to this are losses arising from an injury to life, the body or health. Bonn-Information is not liable for services of the guide or a third party, which are provided as part of a guided city walking or bus tour (e.g. tours in museums, Churches, places of interest etc.).
- The latest safety, distancing and hygiene concept of Bonn-Information applies at all times. We reserve the right to amend the permitted maximum number of people on every tour in line with the situation.
- The ineffectiveness of individual provisions does not result in the ineffectiveness of all the contractual conditions. The statutory provisions will replace any ineffective provisions in this case.
- The place of jurisdiction is Bonn.
Price List 2023
Guided Sightseeing Coach and Walking Tours in Bonn
All of the guided tours generally take 2 hours, whereby the time and date may be determined by the individual customer. The maximum number of participants for the various walking tours should not exceed 20 persons. This restriction is not valid for sightseeing tours with your own coach. The duration of the tours can be shortened upon request, a reduction of the guide’s fee however is not possible.
The following fees apply for guided tours as of January 1st 2023:
Guided walking tours (20 persons maximum)
|walking tour – foreign language – 2 hours||120,00 EUR|
|additional hour – foreign language (per hour or part thereof)||38,00 EUR|
|walking tour – bilingual – 2 hours||130,00 EUR|
|additional hour – bilingual (per hour or part thereof)||40,00 EUR|
City coach tours with own bus (no limit to number of participants)
|guided tour – foreign language – 2 hours||130,00 EUR|
|additional hour – foreign language (per hour or part thereof)||43,00 EUR|
|guided tour – bilingual – 2 hours||140,00 EUR|
|additional hour – bilingual (per hour or part thereof)||45,00 EUR|
|reminder fee for bills||10,00 EUR|
|night shift / after hour premium for tours as of 8 pm||10,00 EUR|
|additional museum visit (interior) (i.e. Beethoven House and others) – per museum and group – plus entrance fee||10,00 EUR|
The open fee must be paid in cash by the end of the tour, a receipt will be made out to the customer by the guide. If this is not possible or desired, the guide will bill the customer, including a 5,00 EUR surcharge. Advance payments of tours booked are free of surcharge.
If the customer is not from within Germany the tour guide may bill the customer in advance (by e-mail or postage), the full fee will be charged to the guide’s account without surcharge.
If the group’s meeting point is outside of Bonn in the „Rhein-Sieg“-district, a fixed rate of 10,00 EUR will be charged. Destinations beyond the vicinity will be charged extra. An entourage outside of Bonn will be charged a fixed rate of 18,00 EUR per hour or part thereof, plus the current driving costs to the destination (and back) by car or public transportation. These fees must be determined by customer and tour guide in advance.
Early corrections of already confirmed tours in terms of date, time, meeting point or content are possible upon request, provided a suitable tour guide is available. As of / from 13 days before the tour date a processing fee of 20,00 EUR will be charged on top of the basic fee. The following cancellation conditions are valid:
Cancellation conditions are as follow: An order may be cancelled free of charge up to 14 days before booked date. 70% of the determined fee will be charged from 13 days up until one day prior to tour date. In case of cancellations on the actual day of the tour or in case of no-show the full fee will be billed to the customer.
The current safety, distance and hygiene concept of the Bonn-Information applies at all times. We reserve the right to change the maximum number of people allowed per tour depending on the situation.
Reservations and bookings of tour guides for your group
When ordering or requesting a quotation, we ask for the following information:
- Full address or billing address, if this differs from the address
- Telephone number (landline and mobile phone number on the day of the tour)
- E-mail address
- Tour number or tour name
- Day of the tour and tour start time
- Desired meeting point
- Number of persons
- Requested language/s
- Background information of the group (for example school class, 10th grade)
- Information on mobility restrictions
Tip: Free coach parking in Bonn:
- City centre: Adenauerallee/Ecke Am Hofgarten
- on the banks of the Rhine /Brassertufer: Entry and exit only
- on the banks of the Rhine /Moses-Hess-Ufer: Entry and exit only
- museums mile (Museumsplatz): Joseph-Beuys-Allee
- museums mile (Haus der Geschichte): Willy-Brandt-Allee: Entry and exit only
- Former parliament quarter: Kurt-Schumacher-Straße
- Rheinaue: Petra-Kelly-Allee