The north portal of the Rheinsteig premium hiking trail is located in the middle of Bonn's city center. Its first stage begins right next to Bonn's "Guter Stube," the old town hall on the market square. For 320 kilometers, the Rheinsteig leads along the right side of the river on the high trails to Wiesbaden.
The Siebengebirge and the Rhineland Nature Park can be reached quickly from Bonn. For example, you can reach the start of the Natursteig Sieg (Sieg Nature Trail) in just under half an hour by taking tram line 66. It leads over 99 kilometers from Siegburg to the Windecker Ländchen.
Even in the Ahr Valley, which was badly damaged by flooding in 2021, hiking on the high-altitude trails is possible again.
- Rheinsteig (opens in a new tab)
- Naturpark Rheinland (opens in a new tab)
- Naturpark Siebengebirge (opens in a new tab)
- Naturregion Sieg (opens in a new tab)
- Beethoven trail at Siebengebirge (opens in a new tab)
- Ahr Valley (opens in a new tab)
- Ahrsteig (opens in a new tab)
- Rotweinwanderweg (opens in a new tab)
Forest bathing in Schweinheim (Bad Godesberg)
In 2018, young adults developed the first mindfulness trail in the forest in Bad Godesberg during a summer course of the Schutzgemeinschaft Deutscher Wald. Using various exercises (each five minutes long), you can enjoy nature with all your senses - guided by listening exercises on your smartphone.